13th European Solar Physics Meeting (ESPM-13)
Rhodes, Greece, September 12-16, 2011
The 13th European Solar Physics Meeting (ESPM-13) will take place at the Island of Rhodes, Greece, from September 12-16, 2011. The meeting venue will be the Rodos Palace Convention Resort at the seaside town of Ixia, Rhodes. ESPMs are tri-annual events that welcome contributions from all aspects of modern solar physics with invited and contributed oral and poster presentations. ESPM-13, in particular, will include the following list of themes and topics:
- Science with Cutting-Edge Heliospheric Missions
- The Science of Future Heliospheric Missions and Telescopes
- The Sun as a Whole: Large-Scale Flows, Helioseismology, Magnetism, and the Solar Cycle
- Emergence and Evolution of Magnetic Flux in the Solar Atmosphere
- Chromospheric and Coronal Heating
- Transient Activity and Seismology of the Solar Atmosphere
- Solar Instabilities, Flares, and Coronal Mass Ejections
- Origin and Properties of the Solar Wind
- Solar Data Assimilation and Space Weather Research
The Conference is organized by the newly formed European Solar Physics Division (ESPD), a joint Division of the European Physical Society (EPS) and the European Astronomical Society (EAS). Supporting the ESPD Board are the Presidents of the Joint Organization for Solar Observations (JOSO), the Community of European Solar Radio Astronomers (CESRA), the Space Weather Working Team (SWWT), and the European Association of Solar Telescopes (EAST). Local organizers of ESPM-13 are the Research Center for Astronomy and Applied Mathematics (RCAAM) of the Academy of Athens and the Institute for Space Applications and Remote Sensing (ISARS) of the National Observatory of Athens in Athens, Greece.
Preliminary information about the meeting can be found at:
More information may be requested at the meeting's e-mail address: email@example.com
or by contacting:
Manolis Georgoulis (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Georgia Tsiropoula (email@example.com).
Further information and announcements will be posted in due time.